( music playing )We’re hanging out
with Markiplier. We’re gonna
play “Overcooked.” It’s gonna be even harder
than you think, because this game requires
a lot of coordination and we’re gonna make it
more difficult by being speech jammed. Being speech jammed
means that it makes it
really hard to talk. I’m horrible at cooking. I don’t think you
need cooking skills to– I– oh… ( laughter ) I’m gonna be
the guy with glasses. I’m the big goofy guy. I’m the woman…en. – “Womanen”?
– Rhett:Okay, here’s the–I’m gonna set some onions
up here for you guys to get.Gimme them chopped–
Gimme some chopped onions. Why do we need to give you
chopped onions? ( Link speaking gibberish ) Okay, as soon as
the soup cooks, I’ll put it
on the plates. – This is only as stressful
– Soup’s on! as we need it to be. If we approach it
with love and happiness,
we’ll be fine. – ( Rhett laughs )
– Are you washing plates? Yes. I am trying
to be a productive member
of this team. Oh, don’t wash that! – Why?
– It’s soup in it! If that was your soup,
then that’s disgusting. Link, you’re
doing nothing! Ha, time’s up!
You jerks! What have–
we did good. – See?
– Let’s play again. – No!
– Why are we on the street? – Why do you have a tomato?
– Get out of my way! – It’s just one onion–
– ‘Scuse me! Get out of the crosswalk! You put it on the plate. How could you have
forgotten already? Oh, this restaurant’s
gonna fail. – Oh, we got a fire!
– Oh, I got a– I’ve got
a fire extinguisher! – Dangerous to the city.
– I put it out! (laughing )
You idiots! – How are we doing?
– Cooking the onions. Time’s up! Again, maybe–
we did good. When you guys shout, my brain explodes! Link:Cooking on
a pirate ship.Mark:Why on boat?All right, there’s
three mushrooms, so throw them in there
and let it– ( stammers ) – What mushrooms?’
– Oh, wait, no. I goofed.
Ohh… – Can we take–
– I really goofed. – I did it. Look what I did.
– Oh, no goof. – Ahh!
– Oh yeah, you did it! – This is not good!
– Oh, no, what– – Oh!
– The whole ship’s– – Chop it like it’s hot.
– I be outside. You guys in there. – I’ll just run.
– Yes, yes, yes. – Balls!
– We got balls! Hand me the pot,
right there. Put there, – that pot, that pot…
– Hand pot to me. Link, hand pot to me. Put the mushroom in the– Link:
Oh, yeah! Good idea.Mark:
The chopped mushroom!Link:Aw, yeah!– It’s so simple!
– The plate! – ( exclaiming )
– The ship is burning! You suck so bad! Oh, we gonna die. I got it, guys. Oh!
Another freaking fire. ( groans ) – Is that good?
– We got no star. Well, Mark, thanks
for being here, man. We accomplished
so much together. I disagree. Stick around to watch us
test our knowledge of obscure
indie video games.You love to say it,
and now your coffee will, too,with this
“boiled for safety” mug,available at mythical.store.( music playing )“Hoe-la.
ameejos.” – ( laughter )
– I play video games about as much as Link
speaks Spanish. And even though I’m not
a big gamer, I still know all
the popular ones, you know, like “Mario Brothers,” “Zelda,”
and that weird boxy game where you go mining
and do the crafty stuff. – “Minecraft.”
– No, it’s a different one. Oh. But there are tons
of indie games out there that even the most
gamey of gamers have probably never heard of,
and today I’m gonna test Link’s knowledge
on indie video games. It’s time for… Is my family here? Uh, no, but I’m
gonna tell ’em
how well you do. – Or not do.
– Yeah. – And they’re gonna be ashamed?
– Yeah. And there’s
a special prize. If you get three out of five
of these right, you can– you can take it home
and share it with your family. – I can?
– Yeah. They all get
a piece of it. Exactly.
Question one. It’s like
a rotisserie chicken. It is close– well, you’ll see. In the brand-new indie game
set to release this year, “Super Meat Boy Forever,” you play, as
the character Meat Boy, who is married
to Bandage Girl, and the two of you
have a child named Nugget. Nugget has been kidnapped,
and your objective is to get him back
from the person responsible, the evil Dr. Fetus. – Ew!
– Real or fake, Link? – Is this a real game?
– It’s very intricate. – Or not?
– I don’t think he would
work this hard to make something up.
Too many details. Really, man?
I’m always working hard. Meat and bandages
don’t go together. – Mm-hmm.
– But in the world of random, I think that this is
a legit game. You’re right, Link!
“Super Meat Boy Forever” is real.
There he is.We don’t know–
we don’t know exactly
how it’s gonna be,because it’s
yet to be released,but that’s
“Super Meat Boy Forever.”What’s wrong–
what’s wrong with his eye?I don’t know.
He got beat up a little bit.–What’s wrong with his tooth?
–Maybe by Dr. Fetus,–or whatever his name is.
–What’s wrong with his thumb?I really just hope
this doesn’t step on my game that I’m coming out with,
“Super Meat Boy Occasionally.” – ( sparse laughter )
– Oh. ( laughter ) The next game taps
into one of the greatest universal human fears
of all time: “Don’t ( bleep ) Your Pants.” – What?
– Released online in 2009, it is a survival
horror game that takes place
in a single room and features a balding man
standing beside a closed door
in pajamas. The objective
is to use text commands to prevent the man
in his pants. Real or fake? ( laughter ) Why’s he gotta be balding? That’s just what
the game developers decided. Is it? And he’s presented
with what? Scary things
coming out of a door? He has– ( laughs )
You’re just trying to– You’re trying to help him
not ( bleep ) his pants. – ( laughter )
– I mean that’s all I– that’s all I can say. I mean, you know? I haven’t played it. It’s kinda like the board game
“Don’t Break The Ice.” – But it’s in your pants.
– Yes. So this is also real. You’re right, Link! It is real!
You’re a natural, man! –There he is.
– Link:There he is!
There’s the man.–Balding.
– Rhett:Yep, balding,
and holding it in.Link:
“You farted lightly.
Relief!”Yeah, exactly, yeah.See, there’s all kinds
of things that you can do. Now, in related news,
Nintendo recently announced the upcoming release
of “Mario Shart.” ( laughter ) – “Mario Shart.”
– Yeah. – “Mario Shart.”
– ( laughter ) – You’re still on a cart, but–
– Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. – You need to do some cleaning.
– Yeah. – Do you hate people?
– Yes. – Then this game is for you.
– Thank you. “Get Outta Here
With That Rotten Foot” is a 2015 indie game
all about avoiding people. You are Arnold, a husband,
father, and office worker who happens to have
a gross, rotting foot. You must complete everyday
tasks, like making breakfast, doing paperwork,
and taking out the trash but you have to avoid
all human contact. The closer you get to humans,
the most points you lose because no one wants
to smell your gross,
rotting foot. So let me get this straight:
he’s got a rotting foot? Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Arnold. – “Get Outta Here With That”–
– Both: “Rotten Foot.” – Is the name of the game.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Very catchy. But not a game. – You’re not real.
– You don’t think it’s real? – No, I don’t.
– You don’t think it’s real? I wish it was
but it’s not. You’re right, Link!
That’s three! You’ve already won!
Now you’re going for– – Get outta here with that–
– You’re going for the sweep! With that rotten
fake game. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
It’s not a game, – but it is
a Netflix documentary.
– ( laughter ) Yeah, it’s in
the “Documentaries about
rotting feet” section. – Big, big section.
– You gotta scroll. You gotta scroll
quite a ways. I’ve always
recommended those. If you love soup
and also hate soup… – Yes.
– this is your game. “Something Something
Soup Something”… – ( laughter )
– is an indie game released online last year.
It’s set in the year 2078 when humans have perfected
teleportation technology and are using it for
the exploitation of aliens to make them cheap goods. The machine teleports
bowls of food made by aliens and you have one
important choice to make: is this soup,
or is this not soup? And Link, you have
one choice to make, is this real,
or is this not real? Sounds like a game
we’d play on here. ( laughs )
Yeah. “Something Something Soup
Something Something” – is a great title.
– Yep. ( laughter ) ( sighs ) It’s– it’s real.
I can feel the realness. You’re right, Link!
Four for four! Yeah. I know how
these indie gamers think. – They’re all desperate…
– You think that’s soup? –for players, not soup.
– Rhett:Yeah.I don’t know.
I don’t know the rules.There’s batteries in it,and a foamy liquid with an
orange wedge and batteries. In 2078, I’ll be 100. If we’re still
making this show, that’s when
we’ll debut “Soup”– – What is it?
– ( laughter ) “Something Something
Soup Something,” is it soup or not?
Okay, so if the show’s
still around, we’ll do that, and copyright
won’t even matter, ’cause it’ll be so–
nobody will remember it. – It’ll be so far in the future.
– Yeah. – Link, you’re four for four.
– I know this. If you get this one right,
I’m gonna give you the prize, and I’m gonna give you
a pat on the back. And your family
will be shamed. This next one’s
for the boys. “Homeboy Roy
and Roy’s Boyz 2: – It’s Straight Up Bro Time!”
– “Homeboy Roy and Roy’s
Boyz”… Both: “2!
It’s Straight Up Bro Time!” Was released in
the App Store in 2014. You’re Roy, a breakdancing
social reject at Central Union High School. Your goal is to recruit
members into your squad and compete in dance-offs
against rival groups. If you can beat
the reigning champions, the Thigh High Thugs, a trio made up of literal
thigh-high socks, you’ll achieve popularity
and the adoration of high school
sweetheart Danielle. ( chuckles )
Real or fake? – Danielle.
– Danielle. You blew it when you threw
Danielle in there. – Really?
– Yep. Definitely fake. – Definitely?
– Definitely. Link, you got the queen! I got the queen, y’all. – You got the queen sweep.
– Bring me the queen! We call this
the queen sweep. When Link sweeps it,
it’s the queen sweep. What’s up with that? You say something wrong
then you turn it into a– You can’t– you can’t
live with me winning… – No, congratulations,
– in a clean sweep, man. Super Meat Boy. – Okay.
– ( laughter ) You can take that
home to your family!
It’s fresh. – Okay.
– ( laughter ) Everybody gets a piece,
just like you said. I finally get every single
question right in a game, and I get a steak. Well, we didn’t think
you were gonna win. I was just–
that was my lunch. – ( laughs )
– It was just over there, but now I had to–
I had to think fast. Mine now.
Family, I’m coming home. – Aren’t you proud?
– He’s got a steak. Thanks for liking,
commenting, and subscribing. You know what time it is. – What’s up? I’m Drew.
– I’m John. – I’m Greg.
– And we’re in the Philippines at Cagayan de Oro with
this awesome wooden chicken. All: And it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality. – We love wooden chickens
– Yeah, we do. Click the bottom link
to watch this episode
from the beginning. And click the top link
to watch us play
The 5 Second Rule game in “Good Mythical More.” And to find out where
the Wheel of Mythicality
is going to land. Link:Let us slide
into your DMsby signing up for
the Mythical Monthly Newsletterat mythicalmonthly.com.–( rooster crows )
–( lion roars )Hey. Welcome to
“Good Mythical More.” I knew you would
click on through to us. – You never let me down.
– Don’t Google That. Whatever you do,
don’t google “19th century
Halloween kids.” – I gotta google that.
– Oh, yeah. “19th century
Halloween kids”? You’ve done it.
Look at you. You’ve already done it. Well, I’ll be blessed.
What is it? What do you get? Oh. Oh. Oh! – What in the world?
– Oh, my. – Don’t google that.
– Don’t go– oh, gosh! What? What were
the children thinking? Actually,
kinda Google that. – Kinda.
– All right, 5 Second Rule is a game
that we haven’t played, but it’s for ages
10 and up. – All right, we qualify.
– Yes! I love it how they–
you got this nice box
full of just this and this. We got this, and then we got
this fancy schmancy timer. – ( timer squeaks )
– What, wait, did you
say something? – That was this.
– ( timer squeaks ) – Is that electronic, or–
– ( squeaking continues ) – ( mimics timer )
– Could be a Jay-Z song. – A Jay-Z song.
– ( laughs ) You know, he likes
that kind of sound. – Yeah, he did.
– Okay, so you’re saying that – that is five seconds.
– Yeah. So what we’re gonna do is–
this is discard, so that’s the front.
You’re gonna go first, so you turn this over
and I’ll read the first
one to you. I will give you
and it’ll be like– Why don’t you do–
why don’t the guy
who’s guessing, – he just guesses, and you…
– I read out the assignment. …read it and land it,
so you have time to control. – Here we go.
– Okay. – Name three things–
– Oh, no, hold on. What? You wanna wait
until after I read it? You gotta say it
and then set the timer down. Okay, okay. It’s gonna take you
five seconds to get
through the question. You’re right.
Name three things you would give
to Goodwill. Old shoes, underwear,
and an old desk. – ( laughs )
– You can’t give
underwear to Goodwill. – Yeah, you can. I have.
– No, you can’t. – I have.
– I’ve seen the inside
of your underwear. They reject it,
but I give it to them. – You cannot give that to them,
– That counts! so you don’t get a point.
It does not count. I could give it to them.
They may reject it. You can’t return stuff
to a store that you’ve– underwear that you’ve worn
or bathing suits. – Am I right?
– Name three things you
shouldn’t do at a funeral. Uh, laugh,
fart, and giggle. ( laughter ) And smell. – Giggle and laugh’s
the same thing, man.
– Smell the body. You can’t do
a different kind of laugh. Laugh, fart,
and smell the body. Okay, I didn’t
get a point either. Okay, this is
still fun, though. – It’ll stop being fun.
– So you’re not giving me a
point for the underwear one? – Okay.
– Can you– can you give
underwear to the Goodwill? – Yes or no?
– Woman: You can give it,
but they might not take it. They said,
“What would you give?” and I said I would.
I got lots of old underwear. But they won’t accept it,
and that was the– so no, you don’t
get a point. – You can’t give it to Goodwill.
– What if I told them I had
really washed it? You can’t successfully
give it to Goodwill. – “I really washed it.”
– Really washed it,
never sharted in it. Woman: Oh, they will
take clean underwear,
according to their website. – Bam.
– All right,
I’ll give you the point, – but I had to know.
– Okay. – Do I get a point?
– No. ( laughter ) ‘Cause laugh and giggle’s
the same thing. Name three animals
that can swim. Fish, dolphin,
and platypus. – Platypus?
– ( laughter ) Okay. You’re right.
You get another point. All right, here we go,
here we go. C’mon,
let’s up the pace. Name three salad dressings. Uh, thousand island,
ranch, and blue cheese. – Name four.
– ( stammers ) “Eye-talian.” ( laughs )
“Eye-talian.” If we do more,
do we get more points? No, let’s keep
this simple. – Let’s keep it simple.
– But that was great,
you kept going. Name three gifts
given during the 12
days of Christmas. – A goose…
– ( laughter ) ducks…
and pear trees. You didn’t get it.
You didn’t get it. – You didn’t get it.
– What are they? What are some of them?
Partridge in a pear tree, So that was technically
a partridge and a pear tree. Golden ducks,
I don’t know. – That was a tough one.
– It’s not the right time
of year for that. Yeah, it’s out of sight,
out of mind. All right, so how many
points does he have? Name three professional
soccer teams. – ( laughter )
– Uh, the US. ( laughter ) – How sad is that?
– “The US.” ( laughs ) Not only did I
not know soccer, but my only answer
was “the US.” – Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
– I’m sorry. I’m sorry, the entire world
who loves football, aka here, soccer. I’m an Oilers fan,
not a soccer man. – Okay, uh–
– Uh, um, I– Hold on, I gotta
think of one. Arsenal. Isn’t like–
that’s one. Manchester United. – Brazil.
– ( laughter ) Just name countries. Uh… – Your go or–
– My go. This is hard to do, guys. “Uh, what do we do now?” Name three ways to
procrastinate at home. Pick your boogers,
scratch your butt,
and watch television. All right, let’s keep going,
you got extra time. Name three honeymoon
destinations. – Antigua…
– ( laughter ) – Jamaica, and Peru.
– ( laughter ) Name three
large US cities. Chicago, New York,
and Los Angeles. Name three
famous bald people. Um, Jason Alexander. ( blows out air )
( laughs ) ( blows out air )
is not an acceptable answer. Kojack! The guy
who played Kojack. All right.
That’s what we gotta do. – Keep going.
– Keep going ’till you
can’t go anymore – Yep, yep, yep.
– Got it, all right. – Howie Mandel.
– Name three comedians. Howie Mandel,
Seinfeld, and, uh, that guy who
hosts the “Family Feud.” ( laughter ) – You didn’t even say
Steve Harvey, man.
– Steve freakin’ Harvey. Give me another one.
Come on, let me get
a roll going. Name three things
that may need ironing. A shirt, uh, pants, and
a tie if it’s crinkled. ( laughter ) Name three things
you had to learn
on your own. Uh, how to shave, how to– how to, uh,
how to ski, – and um…
– ( laughter ) I learned everything
with help. “How to shave
and how to ski.” You learned to ski
like two weeks ago. ( laughs )
It was like so– I was in a class, too,
but I didn’t listen. – It’s so fresh.
– I ski– Did you learn how to shave
two weeks ago? – Name three American–
– Oh, you can’t do that! Name three “American Idol”
champions. Christie Underwood? ( laughs )
What’s her name?
Candy Underwood? ( laughter ) – What’s her first name?
– It’s Candy Underwear. – Carrie Underwood.
– Carrie Underwood. And what was the girl
who was like– – her name was like Rihanna.
– Kelly Clarkson. and then Justin, man. – The first one, right?
– Name three types
of sports balls. Lacrosse,
basketball, baseball. Name three California
universities. UC Davis, UC Irvine,
UC Riverside. – All three of the best ones.
– Name three rock bands. Metallica, Whitesnake, – and Black Sabbath.
– ( both laugh ) Name three polite phrases. “Excuse me.”
“Sorry.” – “Would you like more fries?”
– ( laughter ) Name three blues bands
or musicians. Uh, Ray Charles, – The Blues… Brothers…
– ( laughter ) – and…
– BB King. Give me one. I’m on a roll now,
I can feel it. Going out on top, kids. Name three ways to wish
someone “Merry Christmas.” – Uh, “Happy Hanukkah”…
– ( laughter ) “Happy Christmas”, and “What’s
in your stocking?” Name three parades. Uh, Rose Bowl Parade, Christmas Day parade, and New Year’s parade. ( laughter ) I don’t think these count,
but name three amusement
park rides. A roller coaster,
a tilt-a-whirl, and, um,
the concession stand. ( laughter ) Oh, I’m gonna keep going. Name three
brands of purses. Uh, “Dolce Cabbana,” uh, Aldo… – and Nike.
– ( laughter ) – I’m sure Nike
makes a sports purse.
– Nike makes a purse! – Name three rivers.
– Uh, Cape Fear River, Massachusetts River, ( laughs )
and Colorado River. – There’s not
a Massachusetts River.
– I’m sure there’s– Okay, uh… Link? I win. Good work.
Name three vegetables. Cauliflower, broccoli,
and cabbage. Name three farm animals. – Cartoon characters.
– Horse, pig, and dog. John Travolta movies. “Staying Alive,”
( groans ) “Face/Off,”
“Angel Man,” and “Michael,”
and “Pulp Fiction.” “Angel Man.”
Watch that one.
I recommend it.