Chung Shan Terrace (鐘山臺) in Lai Chi Kok (荔枝角), its name is coming from Mr. Shak Chung Shan (石鐘山, 1901 to 1958), he was coming from a 7 kids Catholic family, he became an orphan in his 9 years old, however, he works hard, became the principal of Sacred Heart Canossian College (聖心書院) in his 19 years old, he operated both “Nam Wah Motion Pictures Company (南華影片公司)” and “Wah Ngai Motion Pictures Company (華藝影片公司)”. In 1953, he was the first guy who get an award from Pius Ⅻ for commending his 30 years service on Catholic church. In 1953, he was the first guy who get an award from Pius Ⅻ for commending his 30 years service on Catholic church. In 1953, he was the first guy who get an award from Pius Ⅻ for commending his 30 years service on Catholic church. In 1953, he was the first guy who get an award from Pius Ⅻ for commending his 30 years service on Catholic church. However, his wife Ms. Wong Fung Lin (黃鳳蓮), However, his wife Ms. Wong Fung Lin (黃鳳蓮), they have one son and three daughters, she was died in 1953 too! 52 years guy! On 3rd May, 1953, Sunday, he rapidly get merry again with the principal of Ho Tung Technical School For Girls (何東女子職業學校), he rapidly get merry again with the principal of Ho Tung Technical School For Girls (何東女子職業學校), a gal who was younger than him by 15 years, she was a 37 years old Peking gal – Ms. Tso Pin Chun (左聘君, 1916 to ), they came to Macau honeymoon for one month. Mr. Shak Chung Shan (石鐘山) like athletic and sport business too, he operated a 80,000 square feet (0.7 hectare) area “Lai Chi Kok Hotel (荔枝角酒店)”, it was a forest sea view summer resort, it had junior and senior stream water swimming pools, a roller skating field, lawn racecourse for riding, a roller skating field, lawn racecourse for riding, more than 10 boats for rowing; 10 arbors; restaurant and drinking kiost. “Lai Chi Kok Hotel (荔枝角酒店)” was opened on 22nd June, 1947, Saturday, “Lai Chi Kok Hotel (荔枝角酒店)” was opened on 22nd June, 1947, Saturday, free shuttle coach between the hotel and Castle Peak Road (青山道), transit for route 6 bus to Star Ferry Pier in Tsim Sha Tsui. Just a few months later, Mr. Shak Chung Shan (石鐘山) invested further HK$ 2,000,000, enlarged the area of Lai Chi Kok Hotel to 16 times, it is over 1,200,000 square feet (11 hectares), renamed as “Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)”, from Lai Chi Kok beach to Kau Wa Keng (狗扒徑), from Lai Chi Kok beach to Kau Wa Keng (狗扒徑), Lai Chi Kok Hotel was changed to be staff dormitory, total 4 swimming fields; Lai Chi Kok Hotel was changed to be staff dormitory, total 4 swimming fields; lawn racecourse offered Australian horses for riding; roller skating field; rowing boat can through an artificial canal for Lai Chi Kok beach; over 30 arbors; 4 Chinese restaurants; Dairy Farm (牛奶公司) operated a cool drink kiosk. Visitors can hire a bicycle, played 6 sets of U.S.A. Pachinko; Visitors can hire a bicycle, played 6 sets of U.S.A. Pachinko; Kam See Studio (金時攝影院) offered photograph studio service. “Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)” was opened on 22nd May, 1948, Saturday, “Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)” was opened on 22nd May, 1948, Saturday, they played fireworks at 8:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m. in that night, They played fireworks on each Sunday and Monday nights too. In 1948, admission fee for adult was 50 cents; child was 30 cents. In 1948, admission fee for adult was 50 cents; child was 30 cents. Route 6 bus was already extended to “Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)” in 1948.

Lai Chi Kok Hotel (荔枝角酒店), Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)

2 thoughts on “Lai Chi Kok Hotel (荔枝角酒店), Lai Chi Kok Amusement Park (荔枝園遊樂場)

  • June 1, 2017 at 10:17 am
    Permalink

    荔 園

    Reply
  • March 19, 2019 at 11:26 am
    Permalink

    Reply

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *