( music playing )K-pop is huge. And the hugest
K-pop band of all is BTS, which doesn’t
mean “behind the scenes.” It means,
“Beyond the Scene.” – Well.
– Totally different. Right, because that’s
how far they’ve… – …g-gone.
– Right. Super entertaining
band. You do not have to know what
they’re saying to
be entertained by them because their music
videos which have
millions and millions and millions of views
are incredibly entertaining. – And they’re mostly in Korean?
– Yeah, a little of English,
a lot of Korean. Here’s what I’m gonna do.
I’m gonna show you a
BTS music video and give you some options
as to what they might
be singing about. – Okay.
– Now, we have used
the site, Genius, to help us translate
these lyrics. And it’s a very respected
translation site. So it may not be
completely 100% right, but don’t be
so critical! It’s almost right. Also, their fans are
called “The Army,” so we don’t want
The Army coming
after us. – So, we respect BTS.
We respect them.
– Go, Army, we love– – we love Army.
– Okay, here’s the
first one, Link. This is called,
“Spring Day.” – Let’s take a look.
– Okay. ( music playing ) Link:He’s on
a pile of clothes.Rhett:
Look at that.I don’t know if the clothes
are dirty or clean.It’s like a
Salvation Army… – …pile.
– ( mocking ) P-pile. Is this–its this, uh,
recycling related? Well, you don’t even
have to start guessing, – ’cause I’m gonna
give you choices.
– Okay. – Your brain doesn’t
have to work that hard.
– Okay, good. Link:Is this song about…– (laughter)
– There’s so many of
those that get away. I’m trying to relate it
to laundry. – ( mocking ) Laundry?
– But I know that you’re
just messing around with “C”, so I’m taking
that off the table. – Um…
– Yeah, but why would
there be so much laundry? I think if you were
finding out about your
girl’s questionable past by going through
the clothes that she left
at your house, that it’s piled up
because she never
washed ’em! – ( laughs )
– Then you figure out
something surprising. – Great insight.
– (buzzer) It’s “B”! They’re singing,
“Until this cold winter ends, and the spring
comes again,… and until the flowers
bloom again, please stay there,
a little longer, please stay there.” – (laughter)
– I’m not sure where
“there” is, but apparently it doesn’t
have a washing machine. If those clothes
are dirty I wouldn’t want
to perch on them. Okay, well tell that
to that guy. Next up,
and Money.” – Let’s watch it.
– Yeah, it’s my three
favorite things. – ( music playing )
– Rhett:Whoa. Yeah.– Link:Whoa! Vaping!
– Rhett:Vaping.– Rhett:Thank god.
– Link:Blindfolded.Rhett:Vape, blindfolds,
and floor lights.– Link:Hands.
– Rhett:And lady hands.Rhett:
So he is on a blindfolded
leash through a door?No, that happened to me
in the ’90s during the
long-tie trend. – Oh, yeah.
– Once got caught in
a door just like that. – ( laughs )
– At the FLL dance. That’s how I pull all
of my children’s teeth. – Really?
– Yeah. With a blindfold
around their eyes. You’re a great father.
Is this song about,A: A girl that –all seven–
of the band membersare into and they want
to literally die,B: Being spurned by
your childhood crush,or C: A really unnecessary
“Fifty Shades” sequel?And again, nothing
in here about
blindfolds. Nothing. You don’t have to sing
when you wear them. – If you’re–
– Typically you
shouldn’t, I think. I think that
this guy is trapped in a room where–
where he cannot get or see uh, the girl that
he’s in love with. So I’m going with “A.” There’s–all– all of
them are into it.
All–into her. – You’re right, Link!
– ( chime ) Yes, the answer’s “A.”
They are so into
this girl, they sing, “I want you a lot,
a lot, a lot, a lot. I want you a lot,
a lot, a lot, a lot, a lot.” – I’m sure that’s
catchier in Korean.
– Yeah, yeah, yeah. And you know what?
She probably would’ve
gone out with them if had’ve added
one more “a lot.” – Yeah.
– That would’ve
sealed the deal. That’s all the ladies want.
All the ladies want is for you to like them
a lot, a lot, a lot,
a lot, a lot, a lot a lot. – A lot.
– Not creepy at all. Question three–
Next we have the song,
“Serendipity.” Roll the confusion! – ( song plays )
– Link:Oh, lights!– Link:He just fell into
– Rhett:Cheerios!– Link:Yeah.
– Rhett:Water. Earthquakes.– Rhett:He’s so calm.
– Link:They’re really
pouring some money–into these music videos, man.
– Rhett:Yeah, you would
not believe.Link:Wow. The money
it cost to get an ocean…– A lot.
– To get the ocean
to cooperate like that, – you have to pay it
quite a lot.
– Yeah. – A lot, a lot, a lot.
– A lot…a lot. Is this song about
“A” ( chokes ). – A-a-a-a.
– Ayy. Rhett:Is this song about,“A,” Time traveling back
to your childhoodto find your one true love
who got away,“B,” A love that is so real
and so strongthat it moves the universeand causes destiny itself
to become jealous,or “C,”
…bath salts.( laughs ) I know you’re joking
with your “C” answers, but those are the ones
that always make the
most sense. They make the most sense.
That’s right. – Like–
– So maybe it’s not a joke.
Just try one. – ( laughter )
– Find out. There was no time travel
device in that… – whole scene.
– Uh-huh. I mean, you got a
through a keyhole. And I didn’t know
destiny itself could
become jealous. – That is poetic.
– Yup. I think that’s it
because that is
very lyrical. – You’re right, Link! B!
– ( chime ) “The destiny is
jealous of us. Just like you,
I’m so scared. When you see me,
when you touch me, The universe has
moved for us.” – Wow!
– Yeah. Now, I remember being alone
with my high school girlfriend and my parents would knock
on the door and say, ( shouting ) “Are you moving
the universe in there?” – ( laughter )
– “You better not be!” It’s best just
not to respond. – No response is
a good response.
– Just stay quiet. – Yeah.
– And then they walk away. – Okay.
– ( laughter ) This song is called,
“Not Today”! Watch it. – ( music plays )
– Link:Ooh, running
in a quarry.Rhett:Yeah, the old
Being chased by some… people
dressed in black.–There’s slo-mo happening.
– Rhett:They’re dressed for
time in a quarry.Link:
The quarry just got
real foggy.–Cue the dancers.
– Rhett:Look at that.Whoa! What was– That was a huge
freakin’ disk! I think it was
a piece of ice!
I don’t even know. That was a huge ice disk
in the middle of a quarry. It could just be
a giant diamond. That’s how much money
they’re throwing into this. – Wow.
– Is this song about, “A,”Outrunning your inner demons,“B,” persevering against
all odds, or, “C,”The horrors of strip mining?– (laughter)
– ( laughs ) The horr–again,
that makes the
most sense. – ( chuckles )
– “The horrors of strip mining.” The other two are–
both seem rather boring. But I’m goint
to say it’s, “Outrunning Your
Inner Demons” because
I saw them personified – by outer demons.
– Yeah, Link, this was
a difficult one to get. – ( buzzer )
– The answer’s “B.” – Oh.
– In the song they
actually sing, “Hey, crow ( bleep ) Everyone, hands up!” (laughter) – What?
– “Crow ( bleep ).” – Really.
– Yeah. I think–
it’s Korean slang. It’s probably a good
time to let you know that I would love for you
to start calling me, – Crow ( bleep )!
– You want me to call
you what? – Crow ( bleep )!
– Okay, we’ve reached
our quota. – ( laughter )
– ( laughing ) All right. All right, Link,
here’s your last chance. – Oh, my gosh.
– You got two out of four. Crow ( bleep ) has one
more question for ya. – I win something special–
– Agh! I just went over
their limit. – Yep.
– I’m sorry. Take it back. I wanna know what I win
if I’m really fightin’ hard. – You win a pile of laundry.
– ( laughter ) – Aw, probably shouldn’t have
told you that.
– Can I sit on it, though? – Yeah, and more.
Not now. And more.
– Okay, okay. This song is called,
“N.O.” Here it is. – Link:Uh-oh. Red pill.
– Rhett:Oh.– Link:Grab it. Eat it.
– Rhett:They do everything
in unison.Link:Oh, there we go.
Got a little “Matrix” action.Puts you into a dance video.Rhett:Look at that guy.
He’s got a red tri–– Link:Rectangle.
– Rhett: ( laughs )Rectangle.Is that a triangle or
a rectangle? These–boy. – You know–
– I wanna be friends
with these guys. Now we know where all
the music video production
value went. – Yeah, it went to Korea.
– To Korea. Yeah, it left us, I’ll
tell you that right now. No one here can justify
making an expensive
music video. Nope, not any more.
What’s this song about?Is it “A,” when
adults are like,“Hey, work hard at school
and your life will probably bebe better off, but you’re
a bunch of hot pop stars,”so you’re like, “No thanks!”,
“B”, being a prisoner for love,like Romeo and Juliet, but
with way more dystopian
dictatorship themes,or “C,” getting really
into the men’s rights
“Red Pill” subreddit.“Romeo and Juliet.” Hmm. This is for
all the laundry. ( laughter ) You know what?
I think this is–
No thanks! “A.” – You’re right, Link!
– ( chime ) The song is
literally saying, “Who made us a
study machine? It’s either
or a failure. Adults made this frame,
and we fall into this.” Of course!
Exactly! Yeah, “Either number one
or a failure,” are the same thing
I say every time I use
a plane bathroom. – You said it, Crow ( bleep )!
– Thanks for “Liking,” – commenting, or subscribing!
– I’m gonna sit on some laundry
in a minute. You know what
time it is. – Hi! I’m Jenny.
– I’m Melissa. – I’m Chris.
– And this is John. And we’re here at
Albuquerque, New Mexico. And it’s time
to spin the Wheel
of Mythicality. – There goes John.
– Oh, ho, ho, ho, ho! Click the bottom link
to watch this episode
from the beginning. And click the top link
to watch us guess the weirdest paint
name colors with Ellie, in Good Mythical More! And to find out where
The Wheel of Mythicality Both: is going to land. Link:Keep your drinks
as cool as you feelwith our Mythical
beverage cooler.Available at