You won’t believe the girth,
of some of the stuff on this Earth. Let’s talk about that. ♪(intro music)♪ Good Mythical Morning. Now, I am a large man. – You’re tall.
– And it can be difficult to live in an average-sized world. A lot of people don’t know that,
but it can be difficult for us big people. A lot of people don’t know that
I’m not small. You’re average size. – Well, I’m six feet tall.
– I’m living in your world, man. And it’s tough, but thankfully
there are a lot of big things out there that make me feel at home. And we’re going to talk about them today,
and we’re going to see if you can figure out just how big
they are, as we play. – ♪(rap beat)♪
– ♪ They’re biggy, biggy, biggy, can’t you see. ♪ ♪ Sometimes some things are bigger
than me. ♪ – Alright, Link Neal, come on down.
– (cheering sound) Here I am, I was very ready. You’re the only contestant on,
World’s Biggest Things. Woo! I’m big into big things,
but I’m bad with numbers. Okay, well, you don’t have
to be great at numbers, you just have to make a decision–
I’m going to ask you a question. I’m going to give you two options.
You have to pick the one that you think is correct.
If you get five out of eight of these, you get to choose between
what’s in the Mystery Box, or a dollar. Everybody loves a dollar. The Mystery Box?
You mean that larger than life – black box, that’s rolling in.
– Oh, yeah, there it is. It’s bigger than normal. Good gracious, look how big
that Mystery Box is! We up-sized the Mystery Box. My body’s gonna disappear
in front of it. Also, I would like to ask Stevie
to emerge. – (cheering sound)
– There she is. – I was doing this, behind that.
– I’m sure it was awesome. – You tried to–
– (laughs) She did a dance behind the thing,
that nobody saw. And then she was like,
“I was doing this.” – And then she repeated it.
– Yeah. She’s also, as a requirement,
that I asked for, – head-to-toe in army green today.
– Yes. Head. Just in case something breaks out. – (crew laughs)
– Fifty five. Okay, well, you don’t
have a question yet. – Let me give you the question.
– I don’t need those. – I do better without them.
– Found in the stomach of a cow, who apparently had a habit
of licking himself. The world’s biggest hairball
sits on display at Finney County Historical Museum, in Garden City, Kansas. Upon extraction, how much did
the hairball weigh? Inside of a cow. I did not know that cows did that. We actually talked about– – I knew cats did it.
– We played this on eBay– There was an eBay game
that we played, where you had to talk about
a dairy cow hairball. So, we do know that these exist,
but this is the biggest one. The World’s biggest hairball. I don’t know, I’m going to stick
with fifty five. – Okay, Link. Reveal the answer.
– That’s a big hairball, but it’s a big cow. Oh it’s tight. – (makes ascending noise) Yes!
– (ding sound) Oh, Link!
One for one! I’m off to a good start this time. (Link) Dang, it’s round, too. (Rhett) And, you know what?
It actually was originally thirty eight inches around, but it shrank
over time, because of losing moisture. Like a Lil’ Fella. Ew. Those are the little weird things
that you get out of your tonsils. If you’ve been a fan for a long time,
you know that we have a song about that. And, if you’re Rhett,
you put them on your windowsill – beside your bed.
– And they get really small. Eugh! I used to watch them shrink. I surprised you with the correct answer. Well, let’s see how you do
on this one. – Chad Fell–
– Sorry, Chad. – (laughs)
– Used double bubble gum to more than double an average-sized
bubble. Achieving the World Record
for the biggest bubble in 2004. What was the diameter of the bubble? So, a big bubble that he blew with gum. – Was it thirty six inches, or twenty?
– Thirty six inches is like this big. Yeah, we’re talking about
a World Record here. – Twenty inches, or thirty six inches?
– Twenty inches is like this. Thirty six inches.
I think I could do that, by the way. – I think you probably could.
– I could do a twenty incher. I think I could do thirty six inches. Okay, thirty six.
If you did it, you’d set a World Record,
because that record is twenty. – (buzzer sound)
– Oh. (laughs)
We do have footage of Chad blowing the bubble,
check this out, Link. I wouldn’t think that a beard
would help in this endeavor. I don’t know, I’m horrible at this.
But what you don’t see is the Lamaze class
on the other side of the room, That Chad is teaching.
This is his method. Oh, man!
That was it, huh? No, that wasn’t the World Record,
that’s just a bubble– – Another day at his office.
– Yeah. He can get to twenty inches, though. Nicknamed the Humongous Fungus,
a horrifying mushroom colony is munching on the roots of some trees
in the Malheur National Forest of Oregon. Since the colony all has the same DNA
it is considered the biggest organism in the world.
How many acres does the fungus cover? Is it five acres, or two thousand,
three hundred and eighty five acres? My house, growing up, was on
three quarters of an acre. Three quarter acre, huh? – Yeah.
– That’s tough to get out in these parts. It is. That’s what I’m using
as my reference guide. Twenty three eighty five,
that’s a– Man, that’s a big span. (silly voice) That’s a big span. All the same DNA.
I’m going for it. – Twenty three eighty five.
– (ding sound) – (laughs)
– You’re right, Link. – That is huge.
– It sounds crazy, though. – Well, it’s–
– But it’s– It’s propagated throughout
an entire forest, and it has matching DNA,
so it seems like a little bit of a cheat to me, but it is,
technically, one singular organism. In a recent interview, one of the trees
was asked what they thought of the mushroom colony. The tree responded,
“We don’t really mind, because he’s such a fun guy.” – All that, just to say fun guy.
– I had to do it. I mean, I really had to do it. If I didn’t do it,
I would hate myself. But I hate myself a little bit
for doing it. Biggest living organism on Earth. The Sultan of Brunei probably gets lost on the reg at Istana Nurul Iman,
the Light of Faith Palace, his official residence, which is
the biggest residence in the world. What is the square footage
of his residence? Is it 215,278 square feet? Or 2,152,782 square feet? His home. Well it is the Faith Palace, right? The Light of Faith Palace. Two million.
(laughs) That can’t be right, right? (repeats) Right, right. I’m going with the smaller for this,
’cause that’s insane. – Yeah, and it’s true.
– (buzzer sound) It’s 2,152,782,
it’s a freaking house, that’s over two million square feet. How? (Rhett) Well, it’s like a palace. (Link) That’s like an amusement park
and all of the hotels… Let me tell you about it.
It contains five swimming pools, a hundred and ten car garage,
air-conditioned stable for two hundred ponies,
a banquet hall, five hundred salt water aquariums,
but zero batteries, even though I keep asking you
to get them, and now the smoke alarm
keeps going off, Trevor. (laughs) I had a little flashback
to when I was rooming with Trevor. Remember, Trevor?
He never got the batteries. – No I don’t.
– (Stevie and crew laugh) Maybe that was all in my mind. Wow. A blue hole – is an underwater sinkhole.
– Now we’re talking. And the Dragon Hole,
in the South China Sea, is the deepest one in the world.
How deep is it? Is it nine hundred and eighty seven feet? Or nine point eight seven miles? Largest sinkhole in the world. Under the water. (silly voice) Under the water. (silly voice) Under the–
This is the sound you make when you– – I’m going into a sinkhole.
– (yells) I’m going ten miles down. (normal voice) Ten miles.
I’m going to go with all the crazy ones.
I’m going to say just shy of ten miles. – Alright, Link, you’re wrong.
– (buzzer sound) Dude, the crust of the Earth
is like a couple miles deep. This would be, like,
it would be a record. – That would be unbelievable.
– Well, these are all records. I was hoping you’d say it, though.
That’s why we put it in there. (laughs)
That’s a deep blue hole. Now, the Dragon Hole
is also the name for a condition I get after eating too many
Fiery Doritos Locos Tacos. Stay away from me when I got
the Dragon Hole. (laughs) Thousand feet. Yeah, it’s still pretty deep, though. I mean, this–
Not the– You know. Good luck trying to catch
the peanut guy at the Rungrado 1st of May Stadium.
That’s catchy. In Pyongyang, North Korea. It is currently the largest stadium
in the world. What is the capacity? Link, that means how many people
does it hold? Is that two hundred and fourteen thousand? Or one hundred and fourteen thousand? People. The largest stadium in the world. If you had just asked me
what’s the capacity of the largest stadium in the world.
with no choices, I would thoroughly embarrass myself. What would you have said? – I would have probably said–
– Two million. No, I would have said, maybe,
I don’t know. – Four hundred thousand.
– Don’t worry about it. Therefore I’m going with two hundred
and fourteen thousand people. Link, that’s a great guess. – (buzzer sound)
– It’s wrong, though. – You know what?–
– I don’t have a point of reference – for any of this stuff.
– This really surprised me, because I know there’s
football stadiums in America that hold a hundred thousand people. But this is just a little bit more,
but that’s the biggest one. – That’s it.
– (Rhett) Here’s, actually, a photo of it. (Rhett) This is from the outside.
Now, because North Korea’s (Rhett) really into propaganda,
this might just be an ashtray (Rhett) upside down being dangled
by a string right in front of the lens. (Link) Or a bundt cake – Or a bundt cake.
– I think that’s a really tasty looking bundt cake. Alright, Link,
you’ve only got three. – You’ve got to get these next two right.
– Oh. In order to make an omelette,
you’ve got to crack a few eggs, but, in order to make the World’s
biggest omelette, it takes a team of fifty five people six hours,
and how many eggs? A hundred and forty five thousand eggs? Or twelve thousand eggs. Either way, that’s a lot of eggs. Man, that’s a gratuitous
amount of eggs. Too many eggs either way. But one of them is right,
and one of them is wrong. It’s hard to guess the lower one
when you’re talking about the World’s biggest of anything. – Yeah, I see that.
– ‘Cause I want to have confidence – in the human race.
– You’re taking the bait. A hundred and forty five–
I’m gonna stick with the bait. A hundred and forty five thousand. – (ding sound)
– You’re right, Link. You’re right. – The streak is alive.
– Good gosh. On the same day, the same group
made the World’s largest Bloody Mary, but, tragically, both were destroyed
by the World’s largest drunk lady. (laughs) – (Rhett) Link, here you go.
– (Link) They’re using, like, garden hoes, (Link) to, like, omelette-fy that thing? Link, you got to get this one right. – Hawaii’s Kala Kaiwi.
– Yes. – Probably didn’t say that right.
– (laughs) Holds the World Record for
the biggest flesh tunnel. What? What? – Let that one sink in.
– Don’t define that. Well, I think I need to,
because it’s Guinness’ term for gauged ears running through
the earlobe. Oh! How many centimeters across
is one of his flesh tunnels? Is it eighteen point five centimeters? Or ten point five centimeters? Pick the correct answer for the win. Ten centimeters. Ten or twenty centimeters here. – Basically what we’re working with.
– Basically. A centimeter is like a fingernail. Twenty of them?
(makes repeating boop sounds) How–
It can’t be that one. – Ten point five centimeters.
– (ding sound) (shouts) Link, you did it!
You win. Gosh!
He’s scary! (Rhett) Yes, he also doubles as a pair
of handcuffs. – (laughs)
– But, Link, you win what is either in the Mystery Box,
or a dollar. Which one you gonna choose?
Please choose the box. Well, I don’t have a dollar,
but you’ve put a lot of work – into that box, so let me see it.
– ♪(fanfare music)♪ Come on out.
Oh! It’s Micah! You’ve been in there the whole time?
(laughs) Yes. – Why are you clothed?
– It’s very bright out here. – This is Micah.
– (laughs) One of our newest members
of the Mythical Crew. – That box has been sitting there for like–
– He’s been sitting in there, sweating. – Thirty minutes before we did the show.
– (crew laughs) – Dude.
– Welcome, Micah. Congratulations, Link. That box smells great. Thank you for liking, commenting,
and subscribing. I’m sorry, Micah.
You know what time it is. Hi, I’m Amaia
from (unintelligible) Pennsylvania, and it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality. We’re doing the Mythical Christmas
Face Challenge this holiday season, asking you to make a Mythical Christmas
Face, inspired by our Christmas Face video. (Link) Feliz Navi-Dang. You can win some Mythical merch,
maybe a video chat with us. All the details are at the link
in the description. Click through to Good Mythical More,
we’re going to break a record with the World’s largest dollop
of toothpaste on a toothbrush. – ♪(fanfare music)♪
– Gifticality. That means we are donating one thousand dollars to St Jude
Children’s Hospital to help them in their fight against childhood cancer,
and other life-threatening diseases. Join us in supporting that great cause,
by going to StJude.org/givethanks. [Captioned by Jack
GMM Captioning Team]