Today we get kick-smarter. Let’s talk about that. ♪(intro music)♪ Good Mythical Morning. Now, crowdfunding has brought the world
a lot of amazing things, like the Pebble smartwatch,
the Oculus Rift, and a fifty five thousand dollar
potato salad. – What?
– But not all ideas can be amazing, Some Kickstarters
and some crowdfunding campaigns are actually pretty questionable.
And we’re gonna find out just how good Link is
at spotting a fake one, as we play: – ♪(synth music)♪
– (Rhett) Nothing’s Harder (Rhett) than spottin’
the fake Kickstarter. ♪Nothing could be harder,
than to fake a–♪ ♪Than to spot a fake kick–♪ – We could have–
– You don’t have to make it a jingle. You know, I feel like
we’ve been overdoing that. – Yeah. We’ve been over-jingling.
– That’s why I didn’t do it. – And now you’re doing it.
– You can over-jingle. It’s been done by us. Link, I’m gonna present
a Kickstarter to you, it might be real or fake.
You’re gonna tell me if it is real or fake.
If you get five of these correct, you get a special prize,
and it’s actually the prototype for a Kickstarter that Mike and Alex
are working on. Are all of these funded? Or they just were Kickstarter campaigns
funded or not? Some are funded.
Some are not. Okay, hmm. Well that’s gonna
make this more difficult. But I’m up for it. Let’s start with this one.
Inspirational posters shouldn’t just be for humans.
Sometimes your cat need to keep calm, and carry on too.
For fifteen hundred dollars, this Kickstarter will produce cat-sized,
mood-lifting posters for your feline friends. Man, a cat in an inspirational poster
for humans, is always a good idea. Even if you don’t like cats. – (laughs)
– You better watch. – (crew laughs)
– Better watch out. I’ll bite it right off. It’s funny.
When you opened your mouth, I felt coolness come out.
Are you chewing gum? I did earlier. Like, I literally felt minty coolness,
at the end of my finger. Well, that’s normal.
My tongue give off that all the time. I don’t know. Man, right out of the gate,
did you make one up? True. – (ding sound)
– You’re right, Link. – Yes.
– Great start. It’s called, – Inspurration Posters for cats.
– Gosh, that’s a cool title. There’s only two days left,
if you want to donate to this one. Messages include, “Dream your dream.”
Eugh! “Paws and be grateful.”
Paws. I’ve got an idea. How about,
“Be more like dogs?” – I told you.
– (laughs) You’re really leaning into
this hating cats. Yeah, cat lovers,
I’m leaning in. (crew laughs) Showers already feel great,
but what if they tasted great too? For just sixty five hundred dollars,
this Kickstarter will produce flavored shower filters,
that will make your water taste like you’re bathing in
chocolate, bacon, or a multitude of flavors. This is so–
Such a good idea. – (laughs)
– If you made this up, I’m gonna be upset that you
put it out into the world in the context of this game,
as opposed to consulting with me, – and developing a business plan.
– Do you think I would do something like that? – I think you made this up but I’m–
– I keep all good ideas to myself. – For my Rhett Inc. business.
– I’m angry. We should have done this, man. We can still do this,
because this is false. – Wow, Link, you’re smart today.
– (ding sound) – (crew laughs)
– But that– Hey! – What kind of breakfast did you have?
– (all laugh) Come on, man. Two for two, brother.
(laughs) I love cats,
and I’m looking for your vote – in two years from now.
– He’s very smart. This one’s fake, but if it were real
it would explain why Eddie always smells like hot dogs. – (laughs)
– Eddie got that hot dog shower. – I originally had–
– He’s back there going like this. I originally had my cousin, Craig
for that one, – but last minute I changed to Eddie.
– ‘Cause you looked at him. I just– I heard him,
and I was, like, I gotta send something – his way.
– Good idea. No more than once a week. Visible panty line is a real problem,
and thongs are a temporary solution at best.
Banish V.P.L. forever, and embrace Invisible Pantyline.
For ten thousand dollars, this Kickstarter will build and sell
invisible panties. That’s one of my favorite words. I’d like to see those.
(makes clicking sound) Get it? (crew laughs) (laughs) I wonder what
an invisible panty is. I have to see it. That was good, I like–
That was good. I’m so baffled by this.
It just seems so weird, it has to be false. – (shouts) Wrong!
– (buzzer sound) – It’s real.
– What? And it really, really
did not get funded, it raised one hundred and thirty dollars
of the ten thousand dollar goal. The tagline is– Take a look at them, Link.
That’s what they look like. (Rhett) The tagline is,
“Absolutely invisible panties. (Rhett) “Use them every day.
Be sexy and free. (Rhett) “Even when you’re having
special women’s days.” It just looks like a strategically placed
series of band-aids. Well, what I said is,
I think the tagline should be, “For those who want to scotch tape
a napkin to their crotch, but can’t.” (all laugh) But you can. – That’s why this didn’t get funded.
– Yeah, right. – I do that all the time, okay?
– (crew laughs) – Who doesn’t?
– Alright. Are you tired of online dating? Does no-one seem to match
your interests? Look no further than Cage Match. For twenty thousand pounds, that’s currency across the pond,
in the UK. This site will find you a soul mate,
based on your opinion of Nicholas Cage movies. – Well, as we’ve–
– Match people up, based on what you think – about Cage movies.
– As we’ve established in a previous episode, there are all types of dating sites
cloying for your membership. (mocking) Cloying. That’s why I’m going to say
that this is totes true. – Woah, Link, you’re back!
– (ding sound) It is very real,
but, sad to say, – it did not get funded.
– Oh! In spite of the fact that the creator said
that if you gave one thousand pounds or more, he would actually come
to your house, and bring his copy of ‘Con Air’ on DVD. – That was literally part of it.
– (laughs) I wish I had known about this,
I would have made it a reality. Wow! Not really. It’s a decent movie. Really? ‘Con Air’? Decent. He had a good run,
that Cage man did. – Long hair.
– (crew laughs) Then he got left behind. – Does you ferret get cold feet?
– Don’t have a ferret. Look no further
than these hand-woven ferret gloves. For four thousand dollars,
this Kickstarter will produce the perfect insulated cold weather gloves
to make walking your ferret that much more enjoyable. – I’ve seen ferrets in the snow before.
– (crew laughs) Yeah. And they always look happy. (makes flapping noises) Fake. You don’t think they need gloves, huh? They (makes flapping noise)
through the snow, man. They’re so happy about it. – Dang it, Link, you’re right, again.
– (ding sound) – Yes.
– You’re on a roll. Not dang it! Well, I want you to win,
did I not make that clear? – I want you to win.
– Un-dang it. This one’s fake,
but if it were real, there would be a significant chance
of it being funded, because ferret owners have already
demonstrated that they are capable of making at least one
questionable decision. – (laughs) Getting a ferret.
– (laughs) Google ferrets in the snow.
You’re welcome. Relationships are tough– You only got to get one more,
and you got three chances. Relationships are tough,
especially when you catch your girlfriend in the shower with your brother. For just nine thousand dollars,
you can help Steve Nowicki work through his anger issues
by purchasing a billboard in the center of town that reads:
“(makes beep sound) you, Deborah”. – (laughs) What town?
– (crew laughs) This one could be real,
but it is real. Oh, you should have gone with
your instinct, ’cause it’s fake, Link. – (buzzer sound)
– Oh, man. Her name was actually Beborah. – No, that’s not–
– (laughs) You can’t– – No, we don’t–
– Okay, good. – We don’t play that game around here.
– Okay, okay. It was just completely fake. Beborah, though, that’s–
If I had a daughter, that would have been her name. – Google Beborah in the snow.
– (Rhett and crew laugh) Alright, I can still win this.
Got two chances. To nap, or not to nap,
that is the question for the cast of this all-Pug production of Hamlet.
Yes, you heard that right. For five thousand dollars,
Shakespeare’s whiniest tragedy will be transformed into
a grand pug-formance. Notice I said pug
in the middle of performance. You don’t like cats;
I don’t like pugs. – Like…
– They have trouble breathing, right? Yeah, they
(makes oinking sounds) Yeah, ’cause of the breeding.
The breeding leads to the bad breathing. They shouldn’t have done that,
and they shouldn’t keep doing it to dogs. Yeah the shouldn’t.
Well, it’s too late now. They’d have to kill them all.
Don’t want to do that. Just let them breathe themselves out. I hope this is false, man. And if it’s true,
I hope it’s not funded. But I’m going with false. – It’s actually real, Link.
– (buzzer sound) – (yells) I’m falling apart.
– It started as a joke, the creator, Kevin Broccoli had to do it
once it got funded, and now he’s planning on an all-Rob Lowe
production of Les Misérables called Les Misé-Rob Lowe. (both laugh) Is that Spanish? Oh, gosh, Link. Hey, one last chance
to prove me right. – To win.
– It comes down to this. – (makes dramatic music sounds)
– Why save your bacon grease for cooking when you could turn it into an island?
For twenty seven thousand dollars, that dream can be a reality. This Kickstarter will build the world’s
first island of fat. There’s bacon grease sitting
on my oven top right now. If I kept it for long enough,
I could build an island, and not give this guy a dime. This is the type of stuff
that dreams are made of, I’m going with
(shouts) true. Make my dreams come true, Rhett. Are you sure? Yes. – You’re right, Link!
– (ding sound) – (laughs)
– You win. Congratulations. It is–
This is real. It’s called Fatberg,
and it is a fat island off the coast of Amsterdam.
Don’t ask me why it’s happening, and I don’t think it will happen. But they wanted it to happen.
But what is happening, – is you actually win,
– ♪(fanfare music)♪ – the Fanny pop.
– (all laugh) This is an amazing invention
that Mike and Alex are working on, – and hoping to get funded.
– Thank you. It’s a fanny pack
that’s also popcorn. (Alex) It’s just a prototype. – It’s electrical?
– (Alex) Yeah. Alex just clarified,
this is just a prototype. – (all laugh)
– Thanks for letting us know. Alright, we’ll test this out
in Good Mythical More. Thank you for liking, commenting,
and subscribing. You know what time it is. -Hi, I’m Ron.
– And I’m Kelly (both) And we’re from
Boiling Springs, Pennsylvania And we just got engaged. (both) It’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality. It’s Cyber Monday, and that means
that today, there is a discount on all our products,
and also, a special bundle – of our Mythical grooming products.
– Yes. All at RhettandLink.com/store,
and the links are in the description. Do it today, then click through
to Good Mythical More. We’re gonna play the Oculus Rift
bomb defusal game. Gift. That means
that our special Mythical Beast, – ♪(upbeat music)♪
(Rhett) Vintagebrittany on Twitter wins. (Link) A Mythical mug.
Congratulations vision-brinny. You’re gonna give up your mug? [Captioned by Jack
GMM Captioning Team]